AANA Community Code of Conduct
Thank you for being part of AANA Communities (Community). The Community is provided as a service for the members of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA). The purpose of the Community is to encourage and promote communication among AANA members. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established this Code of Conduct for participation in the Community.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with the Code. By participating in the Community you agree that you have read and will follow the Code. The Community is a great medium in which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in ongoing conversations. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention.
- Don't post commercial messages for non-anesthesia related products or services.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted in communities and libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post only messages and documents relevant to the stated topic.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
Remember that AANA respects the community. We understand that people make mistakes, and prefer not to ban someone from the community following a single violation. However, AANA reserves the right to deactivate a member account at any time.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Avoid polarizing topics such as guns, politics, abortion, and religion.
- Anonymous postings are not permitted.
- Include a signature tag on all messages.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line.
- Send a message to the entire community only when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Use the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message to reply to an individual.
- To remove yourself from a community or enter a new email address, use the “Settings” function instead of making the request by posting in the community.
Access. You will be granted access to the Community after you have accepted these Terms. You agree to provide information that is accurate, true, and complete and agree to notify AANA of any changes in your contact information, including updating your contact information in the portal found on the site. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for all activities that occur under your Web ID and password. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, notify AANA immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Restrictions on Content. All users shall be responsible for conducting their Community-related activities in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. In addition, you agree to act with a professional demeanor. Please do not post when you do not know the answer. This will help avoid postings containing incorrect or misleading answers. Without limiting the foregoing, you specifically agree that you will not make posts that:
- Contain profanity; racist, sexist, or homophobic comments; harass or stalk any person; or contain defamatory statements or personal attacks on others;
- Disrupt other users’ enjoyment of the Community;
- Are made under another person’s name or impersonate anyone;
- Contain personal details or private information about any other person or any confidential information or any information that would infringe upon the proprietary, privacy, or personal rights of others;
- Breach any intellectual property rights law (including posting material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner or using any words, logos, or other marks that would infringe upon the trademark, service mark, certification mark, or other intellectual property rights of the owners of such marks without the permission of such owners);
- Contain any advertisements or promotions for any products or services of you or another party;
- Include requests for fundraising;
- May be considered spamming or contain chain letters or any other form of unauthorized solicitation, including the solicitation of lawsuits; or
- Violate U.S. export laws or encourage illegal activity of any kind.
The Community is not intended to be a place for the exchange of any information or data that would be regulated by the federal Health Insurance and Portability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 and its implementing regulations. Do not post any Protected Health Information, as that term is defined in HIPAA, to the Community. AANA shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of Protected Health Information in violation of HIPAA through the Community, including, but not limited to, the transmission of Protected Health Information to an unintended recipient.
User Posts. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants the AANA and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material. Once you have made a posting, you cannot withdraw or retract the license and consents. By posting on the Community, you acknowledge that the material is not confidential and agree that other users of the Community may copy, use, transmit, modify, distribute, and display the content you post.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages should not include or link to surveys or questionnaires for the purpose of collecting research data or member contacts. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Monitoring and Enforcement. AANA does not verify or endorse content posted by users in the Community. AANA reserves the right to monitor, verify, or edit any and all content transmitted or received through the Community. AANA, in its sole discretion and without further notice to you, may review, censor, or prohibit the transmission or receipt of any information that AANA deems inappropriate or that AANA determines violates the Terms. AANA has the sole discretion to enforce the Terms.
Content. The Community is provided for the purposes of discussing matters and posting materials related solely to anesthesia practice and the anesthesia profession and for no other purpose. The content posted on the Community may contain links to third-party websites or refer to third-party products. AANA does not have control over such websites or products, and AANA is not responsible for the availability or content of such websites. AANA does not endorse, sponsor, or approve and is not responsible for such websites and such products. AANA shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of reliance on such websites or products.
Termination. AANA reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by the Terms. The limited license rights granted hereunder shall remain in full force and effect unless terminated or canceled for any of the following reasons: upon discontinuance of the Community by AANA or by AANA if you violate any of the Terms.
Limitations. You acknowledge that the information provided through the Community is composed of content from sources, which are beyond the control of AANA. Neither AANA nor its licensors shall be liable for any errors, inaccuracies, sales or purchases, or delays in content or for any actions taken by you in reliance thereon.
YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY (AND HEREBY HOLD AANA HARMLESS) FOR DETECTING AND ERADICATING ANY VIRUS OR PROGRAM WITH A SIMILAR FUNCTION ON YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, BY WHATEVER MEANS YOU DEEM MOST APPROPRIATE FOR YOUR NEEDS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE COMMUNITY IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS, WITH ALL FAULTS" BASIS. AANA AND ITS LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, ORAL, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, ANY WARRANTIES ARISING BY VIRTUE OF CUSTOM OF TRADE OR COURSE OF DEALING, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. NONE OF AANA NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, LIABILITY, COST, OR EXPENSE SUFFERED OR INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR PARTICIPATION IN THE FORUM OR ITS CONTENT NOR FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE COMMUNITY FOR ANY PURPOSE WHATSOEVER, EVEN IF AANA OR ITS AFFILIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED IN THIS LIABILITY SECTION SHALL SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THE AGREEMENT.
YOU HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS AANA, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS LICENSORS (INCLUDING THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, OR SUBCONTRACTORS) FOR AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS BROUGHT BY PERSONS OR ENTITIES OTHER THAN THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE COMMUNITY, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE COMMUNITY.
Copyright.The content within the Community is protected by copyright and other laws in both the United States and elsewhere. The content includes both content owned and controlled by AANA and content of third parties. You have permission to view and download a single copy of the content of the Community as long as you comply with the Terms or until AANA terminates this agreement or your access rights. All rights not granted to you herein are expressly reserved by AANA.
Changes. AANA reserves the right to make changes or modifications to the Community and the Terms. Display of notice of changes on the Community shall constitute effective notice on the day AANA places the changes, and your continued use of the Community thereafter shall constitute your acceptance of such changes or modifications.
Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois.