New Member Guide
AANA Connect is the exclusive nurse anesthesia online networking tool where members can ask advice, share expertise, and connect with other members. Below are steps to help you get started.
How to Login
- Go to www.aanaconnect.com and click the “Sign In” button in the top right corner.
- You will then be redirected to the NEW member login page on the AANA website. Enter your AANA member login information. If you do not know your login credentials, click “forgot username,” or “forgot password” in the login box. Not yet a member? Click “create an account” to get started.
- When logging into AANA Connect for the first time, you will be asked to read and review the “code of conduct.”
Update Profile Information
To update your profile, click the dropdown menu in the top right corner and select “Profile.” Here, you can add an image and update your email subscription preferences. You also will be able to add a biography, educational background, job history and much more!
Have a LinkedIn profile? Automatically pull over your information by selecting “Import from LinkedIn.”
Join a Community
To join a new community, click “Communities” and select “All Communities.”
From the second dropdown, choose “Communities I can Join.”
Start a Discussion
Hover over the “Participate” tab and click on “Post a Message.” On the "Post a Message" page, click on "Select Discussion" and choose the community where you'd like to post. Fill in the subject line, write your post, and click "Send."
Reply to a Message
There are two ways to reply to a message.
- Reply to a Discussion – Reply to everyone in the group. This option will send your reply to everyone who is subscribed to the community (except those who have selected the No Emails subscription option). In general, we recommend you select this option, unless you’re providing sensitive information or a personal message.
- Reply to Sender – Reply privately to the original sender. This option will send your reply only to the person who posted the message to which you are replying. This option is appropriate when sending a simple “thank you” or similar message that is intended only for the sender.
Email Reply and Community Subscription Settings
AANA Connect gives you the ability to view and reply to messages via email. There are currently three subscription options:
- Real Time: You will receive the messages to your inbox as they are posted.
- Daily Digest: You will receive one email per day, combining all of the postings made to the community for that day.
- No Email Notifications: You will not receive discussion notifications via email. However, you can still read and reply to messages online.
To change subscription settings, click the dropdown arrow in the top right corner and select “Profile.”
Next, click “My Account” and select “Community Notifications.”
How to Find Members
You can build your contact list using the directory. When you click on the Directory tab, you are taken to the Find a Member page. Search by first or last name, company name or email address. You can also do an advanced search if you have specific criteria you are looking for.
Adding Members as Contacts
Once you find the member(s) you are looking for, you can add them as a contact. Adding contacts creates an organized list in your profile where you can easily access who you are looking for. To add a member, click on the button at the right where it says “Add as Contact”. That member is now saved in your contact list.
Benefits of Adding Contacts
- From your profile, you have quick access to your contacts’ profile information and the ability to send private messages faster.
- Other members can see who your contacts are, which helps you connect with more members.
Need Additional Help?
Please contact email@example.com for further assistance.